Friday, February 22, 2008

My Formal Apology to Mitch Kupchak

It's about time I do it. Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time I apologize to Mitch Kupchak. I (rightfully) ripped Mitch for the ridiculous moves he has made in the past, but now I am forced to praise him. Mitch pulled off one of the most one-sided trades in NBA history. Acquiring Pau Gasol without giving a core player (Kwame doesn't count), was thought to be impossible before the brilliant Mitch Kupchak got involved. Now the Lakers are the favorites to win the championship. As long as Kobe keeps his pinkie out of trouble, the sky is the limit. I admit that I unfairly blamed Mitch for all of the Lakers problems. As Lakers fans we tend to forget that he is the genius that orchestrated the arrival of Karl Malone and Gary Payton. Now the Lakers are set to contend in the West for the next 3-6 years. Look Mitch.....I'm sorry.
I Love You Mitch

The Lakers (37-17) are coming off of a win against Shaq and his Phoenix Suns. Kobe Bryant dropped 41 points as the Lakers pulled off an impressive road win. The Lakers are now tied with the Phoenix Suns atop the Pacific Division, and won the season series 3-1. The Lakers have yet to play a game with both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, yet they were able to pull off 3 regular season wins against the Suns. Is there any question that Lakers are the best team in the Pacific? Giving up Shawn Marion was one of the biggest mistakes Phoenix could make. Shawn Marion had a better chance stopping Kobe Bryant than Raja Bell. The Lakers will win the Pacific. They have the leagues best coach, player, frontline, starting lineup, and bench.

Correction: The Lakers will win the NBA Championship.

No comments: